I know, I know, I must be one of the last people on earth to know this.
Those in the know (like Some Pink Flowers and Ms Pat Law, who blogged about it 2++months ago and also back in Oct) are probably scoffing at me now, for knowing about this exciting project so late. Oh well. Better late than never, right?
1) For US$25 (plus $3 international shipping), sign up on their website and receive a moleskine sketchbook measuring 5.5" by 8.5" (It costs about S$26 here, but we've got to cover the organisers' hard work and costs don't we?)
2) Choose a theme (or let them choose a random one for you), fill up that sketchbook with your drawings, doodles, paintings, pop-ups, whatever, so long as you don't "stick ties, random plastic things, art materials that could smudge, glitter, and any hazardous materials" (the organisers' mandate!).
3) Send your completed sketchbook back to the organisers and your book (they don't pick and choose, all are equal) goes on a tour where they will be exhibited at galleries and museums in various cities in the U.S.! During the exhibitions, people get to check out your sketchbook (as in, literally, like a library book) for their viewing pleasure. After the tour, all sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of The Brooklyn Art Library, where they will be barcoded and available for the public viewing. How cool is that?
4) Important dates! Sign up by Oct. 31st, 2010; Postmark book by January 15th, 2011 and Tour starts March, 2011.
5) THE Most important point of all - this is open to anyone, from anywhere in the world. Which is why I've signed up and also because of Some Pink Flowers' enthusiastic encouragement. Thanks! :-)