Monday, August 9, 2010

Transforming a piece of Scrapbook Paper

Before I start off, I'd like to say Happy Birthday Singapore! I have to admit I haven't seen the National Day Parade on TV for years, and I haven't been to either the Padang or Marina Bay to view the festivities in person, but I'd like to think I'm no less Singaporean than the next person.

Ok, anyway, the aim of this post is to show you a little scrapbooking project I did as a farewell gift for a colleague leaving my company. All the colleagues in my department were given a piece of scrapbook paper to fill up  and when we're done, all the pages will be bound in a book for the colleague. It's such a good idea (I didn't come up with this idea though), I know I'd be touched if I were to receive such a meaningful gift. It reflects the heart of everyone who laboured over each piece.




Some of the creative mess on my table



Starting out on a clean red slate



Initial conceptualizing - I had no idea what I wanted to do at first



The completed first page



The completed 2nd page



I've had fun doing this, using nothing more than glue, craft knife to cut up some craft paper, craft punches, pinking shears, Japanese patterned paper, Japanese tape, calligraphic marker, a good photo and a nice poem I remembered. 

I should get started on the Sketchbook soon.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails