Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Canadian Impression

My limited impression of Canada prior to visiting her was always of her ski slopes and her maple trees. And her ski slopes was the inspiration behind this sketch. It's from my imagination - of a ski slope and ski lodge in Vancouver, Canada.



After having gone to Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, I acquired a wider perspective. Apart from ski slopes (which I did not get a chance to see in person) and maple trees, Canada possess, in her bountiful arsernal, many of nature's best offerings, ie., the breathtaking Niagara Falls, its view more spectacular than the American side, picturesque lakes and islands and stately and beautiful parliament buildings and cathedrals. To top it off, the Canadians are warm and friendly.

The Montreal Olympic Stadium made a significant impression on me due to the magnificent view I saw from the leaning viewing tower. The tower leans at an angle far greater than that of the Pisa's. You can check out the leaning tower of Pisa in a previous post here and compare its angle to this photo I shot of the Montreal Olympic Tower.




Here's my drawing.




I may digress and post about my US/Canada trip next time. See ya soon!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails