Friday, January 7, 2011

Mission Accomplished!

After 125 days and 40 sketches later, I am pleased to announce that I have finally completed the Sketchbook!


I have uploaded most of my works (24 so far) here. I haven't finished uploading yet, but it should be done pretty soon considering my progress.


I know most people post about their progress gradually, either on a week on week, day by day, or some kind of regular basis. In my case, since I speed-sketched/painted my way through in the last 2 months without regular updates, to make it up, I will update you 'post-mortem' instead.


You have already seen my earlier posts here , here and here. So I'd pick up from where I left off.


Here's a picture I took of the Washington Monument and the reflecting pool in front of it when I was in Washington D.C. I never knew how pretty an obelisk could appear against a cornwall blue sky with wispy clouds and a low skyline with an overall lack of skyscrapers to compete for attention.








Here's my very simplified take on it. My caption would read: "Reflect at the Reflecting Pool at Washington D.C". I know my drawing doesn't do the Washinton Monument justice, but there is a limit to my drawing skills unfortunately!







Here's another page of the sketchbook. The caption would read: "Observe a fashion designer at work". One of my fantasies, obviously. I wish, I wish.






In my haste to post the sketchbook, I forgot to write down my return address. So I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed hoping the book gets correctly delivered to the Arthouse coop guys, and would never, ever dream of getting lost! Wish me luck!


2 comments:

sel said...

You have great ideas and nice artworks!!! You have chosen a good topic, sketching on the places that you have traveled to makes the pictures interesting, especially to like-minded ppl.

Fleurgal said...

Thanks! I am still somewhat worried about whether my sketchbook reached the arthousecoop folks-no acknowledgement yet. Good to know that you like the sketches. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails