Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Thing about Colours

Orange is a colour I learned to mix from using crimson red and ultramarine blue in my second painting lesson. 

I realised sometimes it's not possible to achieve a desired shade of colour given specific shades of primary colours. For example blue alone has a variety of shades - there's ultramarine blue, phythalocyanine blue, prussian blue, cerulean blue, and so much more. Mixing different types of blue with different shades of yellow could give vastly different shades of green. Given that I only had ultramarine blue I wasn't able to achieve the same turquoise blue that was the actual shade of the paper on which the pumpkin and box was placed on, so I made do with this.


Final look
(I know the pumpkin looks like a melon. Fail on my part~)




Here's a glimpse of what the first layer looked like. As expected, it looks flat and unattractive.



I'd love to move on to landscapes soon, but it's early days yet. :-/


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails