Saturday, May 12, 2012

It's about Composition

In my 5th lesson, I was tasked to paint this.



It looks simple enough, right? Well, it wasn't easy, I tell ya...




First layer



Preliminary layer


At this stage, Jimmy commented that the shadow ought to be further blended with the plate, otherwise it looks too fake. He also thought that the blue background was unnecessary, which is why the final work was cropped, displaying a slightly better composition. I do humbly agree that I need to work on improving my composition for my paintings.


Final work, cropped

After every lesson, I  find myself getting addicted to painting - like I need to get my fix at least once a week. It's why I'm still taking lessons now (on to my 15th lesson tomorrow). ;)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails